Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chocolate and Green

Green issues: Jon and I disagree about global warming. We agree that people should use nonsustainable resources more responsibly, and in general that everyone could do more to decrease their carbon footprint. But whether or not the rhetoric of global warming/climate change is true or not is a matter for debate. Any ideas anyone?

Also this week, we had a very small party for Adara. Some video of the birthday presents and chocolate banana can be seen here:

http://video.google.com /videoplay?docid=-179392600695 1450568

http://video.google.com /videoplay?docid=5765821497435 244088

http://video.google.com /videoplay?docid=-854674839478 4239776

10 comments:

Jenna Eve said...

Post more we want to see what you are up to

Cloudkicker said...

Here's what I think about Global Warming....It is true that the planet is slowing increasing in tempurature. I believe it is also true that our use of what resources we have is a contributing factor. However, I do not believe that it is as big of a contributing factor as people make it out to be. We need to be respsonsible with what we have. The planet is going through a cycle that has happened in the past. It gets really hot and then it cools off only to warm up again. There is scientific evidence of this fact. The only difference between then and now is that we are living here and are freaking out about it. :) I also think that green credits are a joke. Buying credits from another company (or paying someone to plant a tree) so that my company doesn't have to make the changes to pollute less makes me lazy not environmentally concious. I think that green credits are a farce. So...who do I agree with in your family? :)

tempppo said...

I agree with you about the "green credits" issue. It's just political nonsense. I think Jon would agree with that, too. I'm not sure where you would fit in with our family, though. You seem to support a certain group of scientific findings, while Jon supports the political activists, and I don't care for either one of those groups. I want the same things those two groups want, but I'm not so sure that their arguments for WHY those things are important are good arguments.

Cloudkicker said...

I only agree with some of the scientists. Some of them are flat out crazy. :) I agree with the ones that say we need to pay attention but that humans are not 100% to blame for the warming of the planet. :)

A Paperback Writer said...

My thoughts on global warming are that whether or not the political rhetoric is right is a moot point. We are polluting the earth and reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible as soon as possible will be a good thing. One does not have to be a scientist to see that solar power is less harmful to the air than burning coal, etc. Recycling and re-using things can help cut costs and help the environment.
So, don't worry about the politics, just think for yourself: xeroscape, carpool, re-use bags, shop at thrift stores, repair instead of throwing out and buying new whenever possible.
Don't let politics get in the way of your own intelligence -- leave that for the politicians (it's their job).

tempppo said...

Right-o Writer. I'll take that to heart when I'm talking with my hubby.

A Paperback Writer said...

Glad to be of help, m'dear.

dancinfool said...

I think I agree with Writer, I think. Using less, is using less no matter what the politicians may say. I know at work we try to reuse what we can, and for every piece we reuse that is one less in the garbage and one less we have to find the resources to produce.

And by the way glad to find where you are Smurf, and you too Cloudkicker, it makes the night shift a whole lot more bearable to be able to keep up with you guys and see what's new.

tempppo said...

Writer's wisdom has definitely touched us all. Green is good, even if politicians aren't.

And to further the cause of green initiatives, here's a new website for everyone to check out: runyourcaronwater.sengoot.com.

I heard about it from my new auto insurance agent. I wonder if they'll still insure my car if I try to power it with water.

Whitegirl716 said...

Again, I know this is a post from long ago, anywho... In the first video where Adara is signing "Hat" I had to laugh. No matter how hard I try, Chase will only sign "thank you" from the top left side of his head.