Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

"But then again, perhaps I have the strength after all."

I wasn't going to blog tonight. But my stomach changed my mind. Instead of sleeping and dreaming, I'm eating and blogging. Just as long as I'm ing-ing, I think that's the important thing. If you can't -ing anymore, that's when you know you're in trouble.

And speaking of ing-ing, I thought I should record, for posterity, today's events and the utter lack of stress that most of them caused. A sign of progress . . . or just numbness.

8:30 a.m. Ward council meeting. I gave the spiritual thought.
10:30 a.m. Fast and testimony meeting. Bore my testimony.
12:10 p.m. Conducted opening exercises in Relief Society.
12:20 p.m. Defended Church doctrine against the notions of a 17-year-old girl in the class.
12:22 p.m. Taught a lesson to the combined YW classes, including the 17-year-old girl who sulked for the duration of the lesson.
2:30 p.m. Planned a training meeting with the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency.
4:30 p.m. Typed and formatted an agenda for the training meeting.
9:00 p.m. Wrote dialogue for part of Starfire III.

Normally, I think the combination of all of these events on the same day would have caused a significant amount of stress, or at least fatigue. Most of them were things that I have either never done, or rarely done. And the rest (except the typing and writing) were things that I get nervous / stressed about no matter how many times I do them.

I don't really know why my stress level stayed so low today -- but it must be significant in some way. I'm sure if I look back on this in 10, 20, 30 years or so, I'll either realize the significance or the complete in-significance of it all.

And on that note -- goodnight all.

2 comments:

nathalia said...

Sounds a lot like some of our Sundays here. And my -ings this night are listening and praying... listening to my daughter cry, and praying that both she and I will make it through this sleep training thing. Sigh.

Good to hear your updates!

A Paperback Writer said...

You don't even want to KNOW about my average school day, honey.
But, pray tell, what point of doctrine so upset the sulky girl?