One of the games we played involved a favor-
ite pastime of children everywhere: chasing one another around in a circle. To give some structure to this game, we set up a mock bridge, an adult stood with their back to the children and occasionally yelled, "Splash," and whoever was on the bridge was then "out". It was everyone's favorite, from the 2-year-olds to the 10-year-olds.
At any rate, Naomi slept through most of the actual birthday party (some naps just won't wait), so when we got home I enjoyed these few moments with just the two of us together.
Jon put together a video collage of the party that you can view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXs6sLC0SU
There are also a couple of shorter clips of the mini-celebration we had for Naomi on her actual birthday here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axpLot6fUY8
4 comments:
Congratulations on your survival. :)
Yes, chasing each other in circles is still a favorite of junior high kids as well. It's just that, by then, hormones are also involved. However, the general principles of the game remain the same.
My thoughts on the video:
1st thanks for putting it up where we could all see it!!!! yea!
2nd -- that was one scary princess cake. Wow. Nightmare time! Did you consider submitting it to cakewrecks.com?
3rd liked the heart-shaped plates. :)
4th you cut your hair again!!
5th 5 stars for the floppy brown bunny that Naomi got! Love the bunny! cute as heck!
I had no idea the chasing continued that long! As for the video, I'm glad it worked. I think I'm getting the hang of this video sharing stuff.
Don't tell Jon the cake was scary. He decorated it. But, of course, he only had materials that I gave him to work with. Next time I think he will find his own cake decorating kit.
I also was excited about the heart shaped plates. The brown bunny I haven't had time to really look at yet, and as for my hair, it's just been getting unwieldy and I decided to donate it as long as I was cutting off a bunch anyway. That's why it's so short. But I like it well enough and I know it will grow back quickly.
Well, you may recall that I have a thing for floppy, stuffed bunnies. :)
Post a Comment