I am pleased to report wonderful amounts of relaxation at the end of the Bahamian cruise. As it is late, I will dispense with uploading pictures for now. Except for one, perhaps, which we took on our drive down to Charleston (where the ship was embarking). The picture below is just one example of the types of things we have taken enjoyment in while we have lived here in the south.
And speaking of living in the south; we have finally received confirmation that we will be leaving the hospitality and slow pace of North Carolina. By the middle of next month we will be on our way to the cold and hurried north: Pittsburg, to be specific. How long we will stay there is anybody's guess. As soon as Jon finds a more permanent position, we will go there. And, since he has completed four interviews within the company with no success, he has begun to look at other options.
It's a bit exciting to think of the possibilities -- but stressful for Jon to face so much uncertainty and rejection. So if anyone has any clout with the Man Upstairs, we'd appreciate any good words you might send in for us.
6 comments:
Great sign.
And, hey, my brother's also moving to Pittsburgh in a few months! But I doubt you'll be in the same area.... he's a bit up the pay scale from the likes of us. Still, it is sort of odd that I hear from both of you in less than a month that you're moving to the same city.
I have no clout whatsoever with divine powers, but I'll put in a good word for you anyway.
Thanks for the good word. :)
It does seem odd to have multiple people you know going to Pittsburgh. Every time we move, though, we have this type of experience. (It's a Small World, after all!)
I will put in for youguys with the man upstairs! Pittsburgh! That is where i served my mission!
Knowing that "Sister Goble" may have walked the same streets that i will be walking soon gives me comfort. Thanks Bonnie.
JEALOUS of your cruise. I am glad to see your blog up and running. adara is so big and Naomi is such a doll with no hair, like mine! I will always remember the good times I had with you as my neighbor, and sweet baby Adara. Keep up the bloggin.
We keep crossing states! When will we ever end up near each other!
Best of luck with all the changes! I cannot think of anyone more than you two who have clout with the man upstairs. Drop through Rockville, MD on your way to Pittsburgh! We'd love to see you!
Post a Comment