Friday, February 3, 2012

Skunk Award


Well now, this is different. I've been chosen to receive an award. And a most appropriate one, I might add. It is, apparently, for people who make us feel (and smell) better. Now I am supposed to pass it on. And while I'm not sure that much can be done about my smell (or rather, the smell of people (a.k.a., babies) and things (a.k.a., smelly diapers) with which I am surrounded), there are plenty of people who make me feel better, and who also have blogs. I think my friend nathalia at Me and Ma Vie is my top choice.

Now to name one thing about myself that I like. I like that I am sympathetic. In my sunday school classes when I was a kid, I was taught to seek out people who seemed lonely or different and to be their friend. Since I moved all the time and had a hard time making new friends, I could identify with the feeling of being left out or just new and unknown. So I have always made an effort to look at how someone must be feeling and then make an effort to be a friend.

Ok, Ms. Nathalia. Your turn. (If you dare!)

3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I thought you'd be amused with this one. :)

tempppo said...

Quite. It is just what we all need I think: acknowledging the people in our lives who help us smell better.

nathalia said...

Hahah! Of course I'm just coming to this now, but I definitely can identify with any smell award. I am quite cognizant of my own odors... good and bad. Oy.

Thanks! :D