What is Bolivia most famous for? I naturally have chosen things that are similar to what I know. It's not necessarily that Bolivia is all that similar to Utah, it's just that that's the filter I'm seeing through at the moment.
For pictures, please see links at the bottom of the page.
1. Salt flats - Salar de Uyuni
2. High mountains - La Paz & Cochabamba
3. El Dorado, lost city of gold, new archaeological findings in Bolivia about this legend
4. "The Lost City of Z" book - highly entertaining. You can try watching the movie, but take my word for it, the movie was boring and the book was super fun!
5. "The Jungle" book and movie with Daniel Radcliffe. The movie is almost entirely true, based on a book by an Israeli backpacker who became lost in the jungle and survived for 3 weeks, alone, before he was rescued. Again, I'd recommend the book over the movie, though the movie was good enough.
6. Lake Titicaca - highest navigable lake in the world.
7. Red Rock formations covered in jungle
8. Death Road, one of the world's most dangerous roads
9. Jesus Christ statue that is taller than any other statue of its kind, except for one in Poland.
10. Butch Cassidy, born in Beaver, Utah, died in Bolivia.
PICTURES
1. salt flats -- https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/08/03/bolivia-salt-flats-photos_n_4689867.html
2. red rock -- http://www.periodicolaregion.com/paso-a-paso-hacia-un-robore-sustentable/
No comments:
Post a Comment