Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Parental Guidance Recommended

I'm apologizing in advance for the graphic content of today's post. This was just too fun not to share.

Adara came down the stairs today and announced, "I have to use the bathroom." I put her on the big potty but I did not expect anything to happen. (Potty training has been a slow process for us.)

A short while later I heard, from behind the closed door, "This poop is hard to get out!"

Then, after we sang a short song to help her relax, "Wow, it looks like a hot dog!"

Needless to say, I was very pleased. In retrospect, it seems almost depressing that this was the high point in my day. However, yesterday's high point was watching Adara play with a caterpillar. I rather wished she'd have left it alone; I was afraid for its life. But it survived, and she had a great time discovering.

5 comments:

nathalia said...

Oh my laws! So funny! I bond with the graphics! Madeleine's first full sentence voluntarily offered at our friend's house in DC late one night: "I just fart!" followed by "I need to poop." I'm a proud parent.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny!

tempppo said...

Nathalia -- wow. I'm glad my kid does her funny moments in private . . . at least for now. I'm sure it's so much better when you can share the joy with others. :)

A Paperback Writer said...

It's a pity this didn't come before all the questions on what's inside the body. Maybe you could've explained how intestines are shaped and hence the hot dog poop. :) (Yes, I am always a teacher.)

The Dolly Mama said...

I remember when the high point of my day was teaching Riley to talk into a cup and make it echo. I cried for an hour after that realization. Looking back though, I'm really glad I endured the hard ship of having kids close together. It is far preferable (for me anyway) then just tasting the freedom of your baby being 4 and mostly independent then being chained to an infant again--that was so hard! And here we go again! :)