Here are a few highlights of his first 24 (or so) hours of his life.

Just a few minutes old. Jon's comment on the miracle of a new baby is that they come out smelling good.

I know that everyone loves a new baby, but I am nevertheless surprised by Naomi's enthusiasm for her brother.
(A friend from church got our girls new dresses for this occasion. They felt so special. Thank you Cindy!)

Papa, thanking the heavens for the gift of a son.
Adara is assessing the situation
before she makes a decision
about how to behave.
I am sure we are going to find ourselves in this type of situation quite a bit for the next little while.
The End



7 comments:
Congrats!!! Welcome little Keenan! You all look so well! Homebirth? Cannot wait to hear about your experience. We are so happy for you. Cannot think of a better family!
Gosh (your favorite MI word I use) I knew you were expecting but I didn't know the time was already here! Congratulations.
Sounds like everybody was healthy if you didn't need a hospital visit. You both look good in the pics. Actually, I can't believe how good you look if that's just a few hours after giving birth! Seriously, you don't look like you've just been through any pain or trauma at all.
A Halloween baby. At least the birthday will be easy to remember and you'll never have to wonder what to do to celebrate his birthday.
I'm glad there were no problems. :)
Oh my gosh he is precious. How crazy that we have look alike girls. I love it. He really is heavenly looking, and I love that new baby smell. You are very brave and GOOD JOB!
So sweet! Congrats again, Mary and Jon!
Thanks, everyone, for your kindness. Writer - most of the pictures with my face in them were taken 24 hours after the birth. I was much more pale the day before.
Ah, that makes more sense. Still, I'm glad to see you had a fairly smooth recovery. Even an all-went-as-planned birth is no easy task.
Post a Comment