Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blog Catch Up #2


This is from last summer. The socks were an attempt to wean Naomi from sucking on her fingers. She was pretty frustrated at not being able to suck her fingers. She learned how to take the socks off of her hands by using her teeth. I think it goes without saying that she still sucks her fingers.


For his 30th birthday, Jon went skydiving. First time jumpers were required to go tandem. If I hadn't been pregnant at the time, I still would likely not have done this with him.

Adara on the 4th of July (2010). Her friend is Nathan, and they are sitting on Nathan's grandma's lap. Adara's dad and Nathan's dad get along really well, and they hope their kids continue that tradition. Of course they are half-joking, but it's kinda weird to see how complementary Adara and Nathan are. For example, at the hot dog lunch that day, Adara only wanted a hot dog and Nathan only wanted a bun (this is normal eating behavior for both of them). And they play together remarkably well.

We visited Nathan, his mom, and his little brother Blake recently. His smile was pretty kooky, and when I commented on it, his mom said that Blake only had his canine teeth -- none of the others have come in yet. I thought that was fairly significant because Naomi has all over her teeth except her canines. Just coincidence? We will wait and see.

Speaking of Naomi and teeth -- I think the intent of this next picture was to capture Naomi's kooky teeth when she was one year old.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

That's a mighty young grandma! One can only assume she started really young.
Ah, I wanted a picture of the kid with the vampire smile.....:(

tempppo said...

Sorry. :( Of course I forgot my camera on that trip.