wanted
when i was 4 years old, my family lived near St. Paul, Minnesota. (I think --i'll fact check this later.) For Christmas that year I was surprised to find a doll that could walk and talk. It was for me. Someone guessed that I would love a doll like that. I don't remember if I'd seen the commercials and shown interest. Or whehter my mom simply knew.
The year I was 9 years old, or was it 10, I received a homemade cabbage patch doll. The doll had black yarn for hair. I hated the doll. Because it was homemade. Because it had black yarn for hair. My hair is not black. That's what I wanted to believe.
At the age of 5 years, I think I remember the age correctly, I received a family of dolls of the same size and shape as the Barbie dolls. The mom had medium-brown hair, curled, and perhaps there were some highlights in the mother doll's hair. There was a father doll. I think he had brown hair and brown eyes. But his hair was painted on to the molded plastic shaped like a man's haircut. Then there were two children dolls. The little girl I think had blond curly hair. And there was a baby boy, who maybe had brown hair that was not painted like the dad's, but was short and quite pleasant.
I don't remember receiving any other dolls for Christmas, and I don't remember any for a birthday, either. I'm sure I had some other dolls that I played with, and they must have been the Barbie type dolls. But where they came from, I don't recall.
Thoughts written here are not conclusions. I have many questions and few answers. Thoughts which differ from the ones I have expressed are welcome.
Tuesday, July 21, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment